Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dopers Suck...even in Florida!

reprinted from cyclingnews.com
American athlete accepts suspension

Cyclist Ricardo Hernandez of Miami, Florida, accepted a two-year suspension after testing positive for a prohibited substance according to the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

Hernandez, 42, tested positive for exogenous testosterone, an anabolic agent, which is prohibited under the USADA Protocol and the rules of the UCI. His suspension took effect September 15, 2008, the date of his acceptance. Hernandez was disqualified from all competitive results achieved on and subsequent to March 2, 2008, the date his urine sample was collected at the Vuelta Independencia National, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was always ramped up even years ago...i knew something wasn't right

5count said...

I've obviously never raced in the Pro,1,2 field...but it would come as NO surprise to me if there were a half a dozen or more Florida cyclists who had dirty urine.

Based on this, I'd say that he owes Florida Cycling some money too!

Anonymous said...

I've done a lot of big races, and there are only 1 or 2 other FL guys that I'd say are questionable. But yeah, good riddance.

Anonymous said...

While not financially viable, testing everyone in the Florida racing scene could draw some interesting results.

Being a regular Joe, it gives me hope when I realize the racing results of certain riders are chemically aided.

I'm too smart and too cheap to dope!

Good riddance! I hope more like you are caught!

Anonymous said...

In light of this news, my suspicions of many South Florida racers is only heightened.

I sucks that I feel this way, but I'm going to most likely be very skeptical of any explosive performance from any of Hernandes' cronies in the future.