Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Heading North...

I'll be heading to Tallahassee, Florida today for a work related conference. Earlier last week, the 5count staff contacted one of the local Tallahassee bike clubs about group rides during the week. As it turns out I plan to participate in their wednesday ride that they refer to as The Food Lion Ride. From what I understand it's a race paced 33miles over some undulating terrain...not to worry, I've printed a course map and will be able to find my way back to the hotel even if dropped in the "mountainous region" of north Florida.

The State Road Race held in Tallahassee is just under two weeks away so this trip should be good recon of the course and preparation for the race (assuming that the Food Lion ride covers some of the same roads as the State RR course).

We here at 5count hope to post pictures and reports of our week in the Capitol City. We'll see if the 1.3 mega-pixel camera on my new Motorola Razor cell phone will produce some quality images worthy of posting to the blog.

In other news
The Giro de Italia is rolling right along. Robbie McEwan has taken 3 stage wins already...but I think there's a bit of a drop off in sprinting talent after McEwan. Savoldelli choked a bit in stage eight on sunday and lost precious time to Basso...who will probably walk away with this race assuming he can keep his tummy in check. Bettini is so close to a stage win but keeps missing out...but that wont stop him from throwing his hands in the air for a hard faught second place...oops!

2 comments:

5count said...

Maybe I'll go out for some super secret individual training/recon tonight?

Anonymous said...

I thought you were riding Tues. Thurs. I guess I'll have to wear the "Vest" tonight to keep warm with these chilly temps we are having. You don't mind if it's a little "Soiled" do you?

Scott "Keeper of the Vest"