Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Proof it wasn't the Milk Man

As those of you with children already know, people like to assign parental characteristics to newborn babies; i.e., "Oh she's got Jane's eyes, or, "Little Billy sure has his dad's nose, or, "He must be Tom's kid, they both have the same huge ears"...you know what I'm talking about.

This is a topic that has come up numerous times since the birth of my daughter. BUT, I've always maintained that babies look like babies. Sure they all have their differences, but I'm talking about the proportions of a baby. All I'm saying is that any judgements as to if the newborn looks more like the mom or the dad should be withheld until the child reaches between 4-6 months of age.

To this point, most friends and family have said that my daughter looks more like her mom (which is fine with me, my wife is super cute), BUT there is one little characteristic that everyone has agreed is all me. That's right, there is an undeniable feature which we both share that proves the Milk Man had nothing to do with her conception...no, I'm not referring to our farting habits, I'm talking about our "Lip Dimples".

I was mildly unaware of my Lip Dimples prior to my daughter's arrival. I always thought that everyone had them, mine were just slightly more pronounced. The similarities might be slight, but I'll take it. I've gone ahead and put together a magnified comparison of my lower lip/chin and the lower lip/chin of my daughter (I'm the one with the 5 o'clock shadow...if I didn't mention it, one of you yahoos would've). See for your self:



There you have it...undeniable proof. We'll check back after a few more months to see what other similarities surface.

3 comments:

Penrod said...

WOW!!
I wasn't sure where you were going with that at first.

YOu know, when you zoom in like that and stare at it for a minute or two, it almost looks like you have two mouths!!

AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

you're right, mary, she is probably is your baby after all.
moose

Anonymous said...

Everyone here seems to have forgotten how talented Paul is with Photoshop! I for one still believe Reese is way too cute to be any relation to Paul!
I still have my doubts about Paul's sexuality, how many of you remember his quick little jibe at my DB!
Let's not forget Paul's "Man Crush" on Bear Grylls!