Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wow, what a game!

I took a break from the bike this past weekend in order to submerge myself in the encompassing fanfare that is the UF v. FSU weekend.

Friends came into Gainesville friday and we partied downtown in celebration of what we expected to be a Gator victory. The Big Sky concert at Abbey Road (formerly Brick City Music Hall) would provide the location for our first 8-10 drinks. The victories had already started rolling as the UF mens basketball team defeated the seminoles 74-66 after overcoming a 17 point deficit!

We tailgated all day and Saturday, went to one of the loudest games I've been to in a long time and finished up with more tailgating after the game! I had completely lost my voice during our trouncing of the noles...and I loved every minute of it!

A great weekend, great football game, great friends, great weather...and oh yeah, thanksgiving was good too.

I saw a funny shirt at the game on saturday that I thought you all might get a kick out of. The first time a saw the shirt I only saw the front of it which read, "Gators drink Gatorade", and I thought that that was kind of a stupid saying to put on a game day shirt...until a few hours later when I ran across what was printed on the back of the shirt..."Seminoles drink seminal fluid". I really like that shirt (christmas gift idea, hint, hint).

Here are a few images from saturday...enjoy.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging by the pictures, I'd say that even though you're big for a cyclist, you look thin next to your friends.

Anonymous said...

Well said!

5count said...

Thank you...I think?