Monday, February 20, 2006

ToC Prologue, In The Books

Levi Leipheimer won the prologue in the inaugural Amgen Tour of California yesterday.

It seems to me that Levi is super-motivated to win the whole thing being that the race is taking place in his back yard. Today's stage will take the peloton right near Levi's house where he lives with his wife, Odessa and their weird little "ParisHilton-like" Chihuahuas.

With a large representation of American riders in the field, it's not really a huge surprise that the top 5 finishers were all from the U-S of A...but it's good to see none the less.

I'm TiVo-ing (actually DVR-ing) all of the stages as they are being aired on ESPN2. I guess ESPN isn't thinking of the sport of cycling as "prime time entertainment" due to the fact that the stage recaps don't come on until 1 or 2 in the morning...but at least there is some coverage (hint, hint Tour of Georgia).

In local cycling news
Saturday's RR in San Antonio (FL) sucked! My fat A$$ isn't cut out fer dem hills! Until I cut about 15-20 lbs. and am able to ascend hills a bit more gracefully, I'm gunna stick to the flat stuff. Oh well, at least I was able to danate my $32 to local cycling.

5count updates:
...nobody has made mention of the sweet new header at the top of this BLOG. It really gives the page some cycling character, no?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul,

I like the new Header...I just don't like the fact that the page "STARTS" out of view in my browser window :-( Maybe an HTML code error.

Sorry to hear about the RR, at least you were there tryin' not like the rest of us slugs :-)

Scott

5count said...

Scott,

It maybe your screen resolution??? Everything fits fine on my Mac (1280x1024) here at my office. I also checked it out on the PC here in my office and it works there too.

Anonymous said...

Scott needs to expand his browser window or make it full screen. Or quit running everything at 640 x 480 :). Appears fine at my end.

Sorry about the RR Paul. I understand you were taken to school by College hill :(. The course is very tough and a lot of people were caught out by the climbing and the heat of the day.

Anonymous said...

I'm running 1280 x 1024 on a 19" LCD. Have you tried it on ie 6.0? It's only on the main page, if I read a topic the article appears at the top like it should. I only started having this problem when you updated the logo.

Scott
It sucks having a 14" monochrome amdek monitor!

Anonymous said...

I played with some different resolutions, same result. The side bar also wants to leave a big blank space on the left side of the page. It seems to move over to about 1/5 of the width of the screen. I think that's what causing the problem because the topics start at the bottom of the side bar.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Maybe Paul needs to adjust his code to be more sensitivo to those with clapped out, antiquated hardware :)

5count said...

Scott, try a different browser (i.e. Safari, Mozilla etc.)
and see if you have the same issues. I'm working on fixing this problem...