Friday, March 24, 2006

Like I promised...

I'm finally getting around to posting some pics of recent events/races. So without any further delay, I give you...

The Wedding
The weekend of March 11th in Tampa Mike and Kelly finally tied the knot. A much anticipated event, the wedding saw friends from as far away as California, Chicago, Boston, Michigan and Atlanta come together to partake in the open bar. Oh yeah, and to wish Mike and Kelly the best too!
*pictures can be viewed at larger size by clicking on the image


The wedding took place on the water. It was perfect weather and quite picturesque, wouldn't you say?





The reception was just 25 yards away at the Rusty Pelican. These are a selection of guys that I've known forever and recently went to Las Vegas with.








Here's the happy couple cuttin up the dance floor. These two are probably smiling because they were leaving in a couple of days for a two week Hawaiin honeymoon.













When the open bar closed at 11pm, most of us carried the festivites over to Bahama Breeze until 2am. In a classy move, Josh (Mich. State fan) relieved himself in the valet drive.





Orlando crits (3-4/5-06)
Earlier this month I was in O-town of a couple of crits. On saturday, I arrived to the race 20 minutes before my race was to start (due to getting lost in suburbia-hell). I threw on my cycling clothes, pumped up my tires, ran down to registration, had a friend pin on my race number, did 2 warm-up laps and lined up for the race.

The race course was short (<1km) with four corners and a nasty head wind on the back side. I almost got shelled during a 33+ mph stint through the start/finish line, but managed to suck wheel until the wind dicouraged the break two corners later. The pace evened out and I was able to take advantage of an inside line through the last corner (the ouside line got blocked up by a crash caused by a tubular-tire rolling off the rim) for 7th place. I even made enough money to recoup my entry fees, woo hoo


Here's Jason, Brad, Myself and James after our race. The picture on the right is the finishing straight just past the S/F line.








Sunday was eventful not because of the race result, but due to the fact that Team Olympus brought a few of us onto their team. Team Olympus won the Team Florida Points Series for cat. 4 last year, but due to some upgrades and other things their cat 4 ranks have been diminished. I wish I could say that Olympus sought me out afer I solo'd to victory, but the truth is I was in the right place at the right time and some friends put in a good word for me (thanks Jason and Brad). I'm looking forward to playing some race tactics for the remainder of the season and working hard for the team.

By the way, I rode strong on sunday but wasn't as fortunate in the last corner. I took the wrong line and got caught behind a guy who had more speed than he could handle in the last turn.

At the race on sunday. The posting of the cat 4 race from the previous day...even though it looks like rider #820 "Pall Messai" got 7th place, I'm pretty sure that's me (nice handwriting)





Tallahassee Crit (3-18-06)
Last weekend Rodrigo and I drove up to Tally for the crit on saturday. I had raced on this course last year and remember not appreciating the slight incline on the back side. Well, things haven't changed. All in all the race went well, I didn't really do much but watch attacks go up the road by all the colligiate guys in the field. Brett, Phil, Mitch and the Lees McRea guy who ended up winning. There was another crash in the last (and only) corner that slowed me down, not that I was on my way to winning or anything though.

This is a shot of the home stretch, slightly downhill and super fast. Rodrigo was kind enough to take on the driving duties for the day, so his car was our home base while in garnet and gold country.








Roger had one heck of day at the races, taking first place in both of his races (colligiate C & cat. 5). He's got one hell of a top end and I'm sure he'll be making waves in the higher catagories in no time. Congratulations Roger.



In closing...
• I know that was a lot to take in, but lately I have to take my blogging opportunities when they come.
We'll be in Orlando again this weekend for the Spin City Classic (formerly known as the "Festival of Speed"). It should be a good weekend.

• Don't forget to vote in the 5count poll located in the sidebar to your left.

No comments: