Friday, March 17, 2006

Sham-Rock and Roll


Happy St. Patty's day
Sorry for the lack of updates lately...I've been busy busy busy. Here are some quick tid-bits though.
• Racing has been going well, 7th a couple of weeks ago in Orlando. I've actually got some pics from that weekend that i've been meaning to post, so I'll have a full race report up soon.
• I am now riding for an actual team out of Orlando as well. I'll cover that whole thing in the race report coming soon.
• I'll be heading up to Tallahassee for a crit on saturday...nobody else from my team will be up there so there's no pressure to work during the race (phewww).
• I had a birthday, now I'm actually the age that my racing license says I am (31). point of interest: Also born on March 10th...Sharon Stone, Chuck Norris, my dentist and Danny M...oh yeah, and some girl named Amanda I was in 2nd grade with.
• Today is a sad day in the lives of many women across this great nation of ours. It was 5 years ago today that I took myself off the market and married my lovely wife Jen. Being a bit of a romantic, I made a card today to wish her a happy anniversary (It's a take off of the "peas and carrots" line from Forest Gump).
• Completely un-cycling related...My great friends Mike Gutowski and Kelly Singer finally got married last weekend after almost 8 years of "courtship". The wedding was awesome, lots of friends + open bar = good times! I've got some photos to post for that too...stay tuned.


Again, sorry for the absence of new posts (I've heard reports of 5count withdraws due to the lack of new reading/viewing material). More to come very soon.

Be sure to vote in my super-cool "web-poll" located at the bottom of the sidebar to your left.

I'll leave you with...
a joke of the day.
Sean and Seamus were walking in the woods when they came across a sign saying, "Tree Fellers wanted". One of them said, "Ye know, it's a shame Murphy isn't here. We could have gotten the job".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

I'll bet Jen just Looooooooooved that card!

Scott

Anonymous said...

rode the "cycling for success" century saturday. actually saw scott riding with a group heading south while i was riding north out of ocala. saw scott again toward the end of the ride, but this time he was in his car while i was wrecking myself to stay with the fast group. i won't say front group because there were actually two guys up the road who didn't stop at any of the rest stops, while we were riding leisurely till after lunch. anyway, 107 miles in 5 hours, the last 60 with only a group of 3-5, so i'll take it. hope to ride with guys soon.
peace

Anonymous said...

j,
i was on the giant tcr that is black and silver. ryan was on the blue and black tcr.
it was those accelerations to 28 every so often that hurt so bad.