Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cover Model

For those of you that didn't know, I've recently been the featured model on the cover of a magazine. Explore is a research magazine that is published three times per year by the Office of Research and Graduate Programs at the University of Florida. Explore highlights research that is being carried out at UF by the varying graduate programs. With a circulation of aproximatly 30,000 - Explore is a highly respected publication around the country as well as here in Florida.

I ended up squeezing a bucket-full of oranges for this shoot. I was dressed in plastic trash bags with publix bags rubber-banded over my shoes so as not to coat myself in orange juice and pulp. The creative director was trying to get just the right amount of "spray" in the picture frame...and with no way to control how an orange is going to spray, I just kept squeezing. The life of a model is so hard.

For personally autographed copies of the Spring 2006 issue of Explore, contact the 5count offices via email to set up payment and shipping.

To find out more about Explore and research from the University of Florida, go to www.rgp.ufl.edu/explore/

photography by Ray Carson

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that you didn't try to just take a picture of a hand holding onto an orange, and then go back and photoshop the drops in.

The real thing is way better than a photoshoped version, in my opinion.

I would however, go back and remove some of the hair from your arms with photoshop, you ape!

5count said...

The editor of the magazine said he wanted a big strong, rugged looking hand and arm in order to symbolize how the citrus industry in Florida is being brutally squeezed by things such as citrus canker.

I can't help it if my hairy-ass arms perfectly illustrate "rugged" and "strong".

Anonymous said...

Pampered and Manicured "YES" Rugged and Strong "NO"

One look at those finger nails and the lie is exposed!

Scott

Anonymous said...

Paul, I wonder why the grip on that hand is so strong. Whate else do you use if for?

5count said...

Anonymous, my killer kung-fu grip comes from gripping the handlebars of my bike whilst outsprinting Scott... why?