Monday, July 18, 2005

Hot, Hilly, Hard and HOT!

The title of this post describes the Saturday morning A-GCC ride. I'm not going to give the play by play this time because it's all really a big blur of pain. I will boil (no pun intended) it down to a few key points though.
• Tony, Danny and Joe Brew are sadistic! The three of them were the only ones who never took a break from working at the front of the group. Twords the end of the ride when things went through the hilly parts of Alachua; Tony, Danny and Joe kept driving the pace, leaving the other remaining 5 of us to hang on and suffer.
• the few and proud 8 to make it home in the front were Tony, Danny, Joe, Brett Miller, Ira, Huan, Alex and myself.
• Tony would not be denied the sprint, and he deserved it!
• Did I mention it was HOT!
• Following the ride, a few of us sat in the shade at the Chevron recovering and talking about various cycling related issues. We were just trying to keep our tortured legs from erupting in cramps. Every once in a while, one of us would go to cross our legs and a sudden grunt followed by a quick grasping of a hamstring would follow. Somewhat entertaing (when it was someone else).

I took Sunday off and didn't ride...instead I limped around my yard, getting the lawn mowed and feeling justified in my decision to abstain as the heat was once again Hell-like.

No comments: