Monday, December 19, 2005

I guess it rained?

I returned from Ft. Lauderdale last night, my weekend abruptly at an end and I began to notice signs of a deluge. Judging by my flooded out front yard, it would appear that Gainesville may have had a bit of rain while I was gone. I wondered to myself, "did all that rain impede the GCC, or the Team Florida rides this weekend?"

Let me know what happened, if you guys rode, if you stayed inside with your noses pushed up against the front window while rain drops fell, puddles formed and your dreams of 4-hour training rides were dashed right before your eyes.

I feel strangely better knowing that I may not have been the only one not riding this weekend. If my rental car had been a little more accommodating, I would've brought my bike and enjoyed the 75+ degree sunshine...'c'est la vie'!

Aside from the weather...
There had been some emails going around pertaining to doing some rides this holiday season. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be off of work and in town the entire week in between Christmas and New Years. I plan on riding everyday, so anybody interested in some training, let me know. Hopefully, we'll all have some new cycling-related Christmas gifts to try out.

Something for Jayson to aspire to...
Austrailia has just announced a new development cycling team. Although Jayson is probably too old, maybe he can just find the team jersy for sale somewhere?

• if yer interested in the story, cycling news.com covered it here
and the team website is found here

check out this link
This link was sent out by big Phil from Team Florida. It's a flash movie that portrays cycling lingo verbatim. You'll understand once you watch it here

quote of the day
"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"
***tell me what movie that is from and win a PowerGel from 5count!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, I'm way ahead of you on the South Oz stuff. I was aware of this weeks before it was announced (friends in low places at SASI) and will be in possession of several sets of team kit soon :)

Anyway you look at it, it's awesome news for cycling.

5count said...

Dude,
I want an Aussie team kit too, hook me up man.

Anonymous said...

BTW, Scott, Doug and I rode yesterday in the cold and misting conditions. Not a bad ride considering the crappy weather. Lambert would've been right at home I think.

Anonymous said...

the mist on sunday was beautiful compared to saturday. kevin mc.d. (from the UF sports medicine and performance center mentioned in the VMG/dan larson post) and i rode in the pouring rain at 48 degrees. the crazy man is from the shores of lake michigan and rides better as the weather gets uglier.
-btw p mess: i am also off days from next wednesday through the rest of that week
moose

Anonymous said...

A free PowerGel for the cyclist that can help Paul with his French

Anonymous said...

Wonder from down under.... I indeed was homesick yesterday and therefor did spend half my Sunday on the bike (trails)

Anonymous said...

Big B,
I have corrected my French, besides I thought you people spoke Flemish?

***Note from Editor: Please refrain from correcting any and all writers of the 5count blog. The Editorial staff is the only one with the right to edit/point-out errors, blunders or mistakes. The 5count editorial staff also has the right to make fun of, riducule and/or belittle anyone commenting on said blog.
Thank you for your cooperation.
5count Staffers.

Anonymous said...

Anchorman!!! I'll get my gel on my return to FLA to claim my Florida State Cycling podium spot (1st of course). Thanks Paulie

Petey Wheatstraw (the Devil's son-in-law)

Anonymous said...

Anchorman!!! I'll get my gel on my return to FLA to claim my Florida State Cycling podium spot (1st of course). Thanks Paulie

Petey Wheatstraw (the Devil's son-in-law)

Anonymous said...

THAT's right....I said it twice!...so what!