Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's COLD!

As far as I'm concerned, tuesday evening was the coldest ride yet. Maybe I wasn't dressed warm enough, but I thought 3 layers would've been enough. Here's a picture of how cold the Progress Park was on tuesday, click here.

Scott was unable to attend the ride last night due to some very understandable family commitments, however, his absence moves Jayson into sole posesstion of the "Ironman Award". The standing are now as follows:

1st - Jayson O'Mahoney
(T) 2nd - Paul Messal
(T) 2nd - Scott Pfaff (pictured on left)
3rd through last - Everybody else

What else...
• Race season is just around the corner for us Floridians. The tenative race schedule has already been posted and it looks like there will be races to do in January! There's also the Tour de Felasco coming up in January as well...where did the time go?

• Dan Larson's new VMG team met here in Gainesville recently to take care of some testing, training as well as some personell stuff. Check out the report on Cycling News to get the low down as see some pics. Although it isn't ready as of now, the team's website will soon be full on team info.

• I had previously posted a link to Graham Watson's website where he was displaying a photo tribute to Lance. He now has put the remainder of the "tour years" images up. Check em out here.

• Football news: You may have already heard, but Tim Tebow has committed to the University of Florida. For those of you who don't know, Tebow is one of, if not the, most highly touted QB's coming out of high school this year.
His commitment has led to the transfer of Portis, the QB who followed Urban Meyer here from Utah. It looks like the QB position at the University of Florida will be in good shape for the coming years!







Quote of the Day...
"I hope you got a big trunk, cause I'm puttin my bike in it"


from the Movie, 40 year old Virgin
(if you haven't seen it, I would classify it as a must see!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's ya photo Paul...

Launch photo from State TT here...

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?shopperid=9F8N57QS484B9PQCQNLK64SM0GGJE3F4&userid=Gray

Woof Woof!

Anonymous said...

err link is dud... oops

Fingers crossed for no rain Thursday!

Woof Woof!

Anonymous said...

I have fingers and toes crossed :-) It looks like it is going to be a nasty day! Hope it clears up by the ride.

See you if it's possible
Scott

5count said...

I'm sure you two (Jayson & Scott) will show up...but only after calling me to tell me that the ride is off.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Paul needs a hug.

Anonymous said...

OK, I've waited long enough. Where were you last night? Jayson and I rode by ROMANTIC.... did that actually get typed? I mean we got to ride almost headlight free last night because of the brightness of the full moon. You would not believe how quick the sky cleared last night! It was a great evening to ride, my A$$ got a little wet from the road splatter but nothing more.

See ya this weekend
Scott