Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Introducing...

On the ride sunday morning, a certain member of the GCC expressed his disbelief that I am truley married. Aparently, the many refrences I've made about my wife throughout all the rides over the year(s) have created what some feel to be a myth. With no visual confirmation of my wife, a "certain member" has generated the theory that I don't actually have a wife, and I only make refrences to one in order to conceal some sort of "alternate lifestyle". (not there is anything wrong with that)

So, I am now going to confront this issue and put an end to all the conjecture.
I do in fact have a wife, her name is Jennifer and we have been married over four years. She occasionally writes comments on this blog and has even met certain other members of the GCC in person (see Scott P., Joe B.or Doug F.). She is more a fan of cycling than she is a participant. Since there is no faith in the fact that I DO have a wife ( Faith- n. Belief that does not rely on material evidence) For the much needed visual confirmation I now send you to a link of my wife.
***editorial note: linked image may ruin appetite...view with caution.


Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!!!


Well college football season is once again upon us. Tailgates, bar-b-ques, roudy fans, orange and blue everywhere, the gator chomp and exciting games! With the arrival of Urban Meyer to Gainesville, there is a buzz in this town that hasn't been seen since the Spurrier reign came to an end.

I've been to some of the team's open practices, I've been to luncheons that featured presentaions by Urban Meyer and I've watched, read and heard just about everything our new coach has had to say. Am I convinced you ask, HELL YES I AM! This coach has approached his new position with the confidence, dicipline and attitude that will return our football program to the national spotlight. We may not be playing for a national title this year, but my guess is that we will sometime before Meyer's 7-yr contract is up.

Bottom line is, I hope you all are as excited as I am about our first game this saturday at the SWAMP. I'll have my tailgate set up, orange and blue on my back and a beer in my hand ready to lose my voice for the Gators.


no, really...
I was just kidding about that hideous image that I linked you to earlier. This is the REAL Jennifer:



Here we are on the ski lift in Breckenridge, CO. Now you can clearly see her...
... just kidding again, yes that's her, but she is a bit obscurred by the goggles and ski jacket.
Here she is for real:



and here she is again,



this was in NYC last october.
Here she is again,



...this was taken on Brasstown Bald during this year's Tour de Georgia (that's the cycling fan part)



Finally, this is Jen and I in Colorado last december.
So I hope this puts and end to any curiosity any of you have concerning my "mythological" wife. Maybe if yer lucky enough, one day you'll have the absolute pleasure of meeting her.

Editorial note: Jen's work bio can be viewed here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was viewing youe wifes Bio and couldn't help notice the surroundings! The Austin, Bovay, and Gillman web site is very impressive!

Can you find out who the young brilliant mind(s) behind that creation are? I would love to hire the company for a site I need built!

Signed
-Wally Paper

5count said...

I believe that a design group called Lunchbox designs put that whole thing together. I have thier link in my "links" list at the left.

Anonymous said...

Paul,

Didn't I see that first lady on the Belgian 2004 Olympic Cycling team? Maybe it's just me but Grrrrrrrr! Would you happen to have her E-Mail address?

On a serious note I would like to thank Danny M. and Lambert for pulling my sorry butt all the way home on Sunday, it was much appreciated guys, I owe you one.

Scott

Anonymous said...

On several occasions I have been introduced to a Mrs. Messal although she doesn't even slightly resemble the lady in those pictures. Will the real Jen Messal please stand up?