Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Thursday (7-28)


I'm going to play a little catch up with my ride reviews:

Last thursday saw only 4 of us show up for the ride. Everyone must have forseen the impending rain. Ira, Scott, Joe and myself took advantage of the lack of attendance and headed of on a different route. We headed to the beautiful town of Newberry.
As the rain got closer, the winds got stronger. Scott took a long pull into the wind as we got to Newberry and it began to rain. It didn't really pour, but it was just enough to get us all lightly dusted with road grit.
Ira broke off in order to get home a bit quicker due to the weather and the remaining three of us continued on at our friendly 20 mph average.
The pace stayed amicable until we got about 3 miles from the sprint sign, then Joe ramped up the pace. Once the sign was in sight, Joe, who was sitting 3rd wheel, swung out wide and tried to gap us. Scott didn't respond as I gave it all I had just to catch the wheel of the sprinting 19 year old. Once I was in the draft it wasn't a problem getting around Joe as he had been holding 30+ mph for a while.

No comments: